Making Better Medical Decisions Podcast
On this The Power To Change Your Life podcast, Stephanie interviews Dr. Elvira Lang, MD. She is recognized internationally as a leading expert in the use of self-hypnotic relaxation during medical procedures. Her research on the way that medical personnel interact with patients has resulted in greater patient comfort, better outcomes and shorter duration of medical procedures.
Dr. Lang’s team proved in three large-scale studies that self-hypnotic relaxation on the procedure table, (while the procedure is actually happening), reduces pain, anxiety, drug use and complications. Dr. Elvira Lang is also the author of two books, Patient Sedation Without Medication, and her latest, Managing Your Medical Experience. In this podcast, we discuss strategies to making better medical decisions and breathing exercises that will help you the next time you’re at the hospital.
You can listen to this podcast below or head over to iTunes where you can subscribe and review!
- Ways to be your own advocate when it comes to making medical decisions.
- Ways we can access our subconscious to help make decisions.
- Ideomotor signals that help decision making.
- Strategies that can help people with their stress and anxiety.
- The Comfort Talk app.
Key Points & Takeaways:
- When researching medical decisions, make sure that you go to a reputable site like a university for facts.
- The human body is pretty resilient.
- Typically, once you have reached a decision based on researching what you need and you feel comfortable with your decision, it turns out pretty well.
- It’s best to get input from everybody who is involved in treating a type of disease (not just one doctor) before making any decisions.
- Simple breathing techniques go a very long way.
- “Use all the sounds and noises in a room to deepen your own experience.” This applies to hospital visits or any part of your life.
You can learn more about Dr. Elvira and her Comfort Talk app at www.comforttalk.com/[Tweet “Listen to The Power to Change your Life Podcast with MD @ #PTCYL”]
Did you enjoy this episode? Please head to iTunes and leave me a rating and review!